Yesterday I took Carly to a local lab to have her monthly blood work done. I just received my call from UofM. I still hate when their number pops up on caller ID. My heart still skips a beat. Even though I know what the call is about. Maybe that's why my heart does skip a beat. Fear sets in. Never fails.
Today's lab results are somewhat better. They are at least going in the right direction.
Today's lab work results are:
white count 3.8
Last months results were:
white count 2.8
Not sure what the game plan is for the next month. Our NP is going to talk with Carly's Oncologist tomorrow during clinic. We don't know how long they will continue to monitor her blood work. I suspect it will be for a few more months. We are also going to decide on if we should go ahead with the ultra sound of the spleen. To check out it's function.
I'm beginning to worry as school is about to start back up. Carly will no doubt be getting sick with all kinds of junk. Her platelets will no doubt be taking another hit when that happens. As of now, she can not have anything other than Tylenol for discomfort and fevers. Because Motrin/Advil will eat up platelets. That's not good for Carly, because Tylenol has never really done much for her. She just doesn't get relief from it like she does from Motrin or Advil.