I gotta tell you. This menu plan thing is great! I love it. I plan out our meals for two weeks...as you know! I take my list to the store. Check things off of it as I shop and I'm back out the door, through the checkout line and in my car with groceries loaded in the back of the van in approximately an hour and 1/4. Boom, bam. Done. Love it!
Ashleigh called last night. She is coming home for the weekend and had a couple of requests. Her favorite meals of course. She asked for homemade mac & cheese and chicken fried chicken. Knowing her, once she sees next weeks menu ~ lasagna ~ she'll want that instead of the mac & cheese. So, we may switch that up a bit, but no big deal.
I was really thrown off last week. Not following my menu. I was lost. I did manage a couple of days as planned. It did make for a bit of an easier time figuring out the next couple of weeks menu plan.
Here's my menu for this week:
- Mon - tacos
- Tue - baked beans and franks, fried potatoes and applesauce
- Wed - marinated crock pot pork loin, baked potatoes and veggies
- Thur - homemade cheesy potato soup, dinner rolls & salad
- Fri - PIZZA night!
- Sat - homemade Mac&cheese, sloppy jo's and veggies
- Sun - chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes and veggies
- Mon -lasagna, zucchini and garlic bread
- Tue - chicken chimmichangas and corn cake
- Wed - left overs night.
- Thur - corn beef brisket (per Brads request) potatoes and veggies
- Fri - PIZZA night!
- Sat - beef stew with homemade bread
- Sun - chicken and stuffing bake and broccoli w/cheese
1 - 2 lbs ground beef
small chopped onion (optional)
salt and pepper
1 package of shredded Bob Evans Hash browns
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 - 2 cans of milk (I use 1/2 water & 1/2 milk)
Beat your egg and mix it into the ground beef. Add salt and pepper and onion if you choose. Mix in the package of hash browns (we sometimes shred our own raw potatoes for this) until nicely incorporated into the ground beef. Form into patties ( I usually make my patties more plump than a regular hamburger patty) and place into preheated lightly oiled skillet. (I use a large electric skillet) Brown patties on both sides. You'll want to flip them carefully so they don't fall apart. In a separate bowl, mix your soup along with your milk. Pour soup mixture into the skillet and continue to heat. I cook it for about 30 minutes after I've add the soup mixture.
That's it. It's very yummy. I usually make it with green beans and even extra shredded potatoes, if I have any. If you give it a try, let me know. We think its very good!