"Grieving the loss of a child is a process, it begins the day your child passes and ends the day the parent joins them."
BJKarrer

Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday.

We're back home. Ashleigh, Carly and I went with my parents to visit my brother and his family who live in Illinois, for the weekend. We got home last night. It was A quick trip, but it was a nice visit.

Now, I'm finishing up my laundry and trying to function with these stupid monthly cramps. Ugh! I really hate these darn cramps. They hurt like the dicken's. Plus, I always feel so awful. Yuck! I do take Motrin 800 and it does help quite a bit.

Last Thursday Carly went in for a physical with the pediatrician. She didn't need any shots, just the physical. I did take in a urine specimen to be checked. The school had called me on Thursday afternoon to tell me Carly had wet her pants. So unlike her. I knew she was going have a UTI. When I collected her specimen, Carly looked at it and said, "apple". She meant that it looked like apple juice :o) I was right. The doc ran the test. She is now on a 10 day course of antibiotics. She also has a viral thing going on causing a runny nose and cough. However, those both seem to be better today.

I've been trying to deal with the school again. Boy do I get worked up with those people. They want to do testing on Carly. It's called the Gazelle Test. I've been researching it and decided not to allow this test to be done, as of now. Being that Carly's main form of communication is sign, there is no way to accurately test her. Not until someone is hired who knows signs. I think they would be knocking points off of Carly's scores and that isn't fair. This little girl knows tons. Her receptive language skills are dead on for her age. But her darn speech takes points away from any testing. Especially if not one single person knows/understands the signed responses that Carly would likely give.

Other than that. We are trying to get back into the groove of things. Laundry, house work, menu plans, catching up on all the blogs I follow, etc......

Happy Monday All!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I hate coming home and trying to get organized. Happy Monday.

Tina said...

Happy monday and a good week ahead. Hope Carly feels better soon :)