"Grieving the loss of a child is a process, it begins the day your child passes and ends the day the parent joins them."
BJKarrer

Friday, October 2, 2009

Swim Karen Swim.

Last year, Karen Gaffney swam 9-miles across Lake Tahoe. She did this to raise money for the National Down Syndrome Congress and to show the world that people with Down Syndrome are more alike, than they are different. A phrase I tend to use often.

Karen is such an inspiration. Click here to read what she's up to now.

Swim Karen Swim!

3 comments:

Shan said...

Awesome! I needed some inspiration this morning... I've no personal experience with Down's but don't think you need to in order to be lifted up by her!

Tina said...

I'll never forget that the Karen Gaffney story was one of the first I read after we found out that Saira had DS...she definately lifted my spirits at a time when I was at my lowest, only because of my own ignorance about DS. She truely is an inspiration and definately an example, that people with DS are more alike than they are different.

Kristin said...

So cool!