"Grieving the loss of a child is a process, it begins the day your child passes and ends the day the parent joins them."
BJKarrer

Monday, April 12, 2010

My Menu Plan Monday.

I realize this is going to be late posting today. Oops. I mistakenly posted my previous post ahead of this one. Guess I should pay closer attention to my scheduled posts!

I missed last week's menu plan. Trust me. I didn't do much, if any cooking. Paul worked late a couple nights. So we just winged it. Ate soup,,,out of the can! And, Paul brought home take out a couple of times. Very unlike dinner time for us, but I was just too dizzy and extremely weak. I felt like I was walking on a cloud...sideways. If that makes any sense!

Here is this weeks menu plan:

Monday Tuna noodle casserole, dinner rolls & peas

Tuesday Sloppy Jo's, homemade mac and cheese & cheesy broccoli

Wednesday Oven fried chicken, roasted potatoes and veggies

Thursday Meatloaf, scalloped potatoes & green beans

Friday Pizza night

Saturday Steaks on the grill, baked potatoes & tossed salad

Sunday Crock pot dinner. Roast with veggies, rolls

**********

Today's recipe is a very simple way to make really yummy chicken.

Oven Fried Chicken

3 - 4lbs chicken pieces (breasts, drumstick, things)
1 c. corn flake crumbs
1 c. skim milk
Seasoning (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove all skin from the chicken, rinse and dry the pieces. Season. Dip in milk, shake off excess, and roll in the crumbs. Let stand briefly so coating will sticks. Place chicken in an oiled baking pan. ( I line my pan with foil for easy clean-up.) Do no crowd you don't want the pieces to touch. Bake 45 minutes or more. Corn Flake crumbs will get crispy!


1 comment:

CJ Field said...

Will you come to my house to cook??!?!? I like your menu WAY better than mine!