"Grieving the loss of a child is a process, it begins the day your child passes and ends the day the parent joins them."
BJKarrer

Friday, March 16, 2012

A Sign?

Paul and I went over to our house earlier this evening. And we think we may have had, A Sign from our sweet little Carly.

Purple Flowers!

Posted by Picasa

Do you see those flowers? See how purple they are? We couldn't believe this. Why??? Well, not because of this very odd Spring/Summer like weather we are having here in Mid Michigan, which is causing everything to bloom..it was 78 here today..the normal temp., is in the 40's for the middle of March. The reason we could not believe our eyes...is because of our yard. Our yard was torn to shreds the past several months. Dump trucks, bulldozers, backhoes, semi trailers, tractors...mud, mess, the works all right here on this very spot that these flowers popped up.

We are kind of thinking this is A Sign from our little Carly. Last Spring, these flowers popped up. The thing is, I never planted them. However, the first Spring after we lost Carly..they were there. In fact, I think I did a post on finding them growing last year. I could look through my blog, but I'm not going to! Not right now at least.

How these are growing amongst the torn up yard..seriously, there is no grass around those flowers..you can see that in the picture, is beyond anything I can figure out. Everything is dirt. Turned up grass. Just. Plain. Dirt!

For those of you who haven't followed our journey until recently. Carly's favorite color was purple. It's the first "color" word that she ever said. She wanted EVERYTHING purple. Red was her second favorite color..and was the second "color" word she said. If you gave her a choice between something, red or purple...it confused the shit out of her!! Poor kid, she could not choose between the two. So, most generally, she ended up with something purple and something red!

As we looked at these flowers, Paul and I said, at the same time, "It's Carly." I'm thinking she's telling us, "it's time to get home. I'm still here." Now if only we could get A Sign, from Brad.

11 comments:

shannon said...

The flowers are just beautiful and your story so heartbreaking. I can't imagine your pain. I believe that our loves ones who have left us to be angels up above find ways to let us know they are watching over us and I believe in signs of every kind. I had a pink flower grow out of the sidewalk and I was positive it was a sign my grandbaby was going to be a girl. I held fast to how I felt. What a beautiful Grand daughter she is. God Bless you and your family.

Grandma~rella said...

Amazing!! :) Could it be Brad is giving you a sign, by showing his strength as a big brother in the earth around those precious purple flowers? Boys have always loved rocks...girls, flowers. (((HUGS)))

Cyndi J said...

Wonderful story !
Praying for you and your hubby.

Stephanie said...

I remember you post about the purple morning glory. Morning glory right??

It's so Carly. And Brad is close too. They're together but Carly's doing the "talking".

You know I plant purple morning glories every year now, for Carly.

Cammie Heflin said...

Oh my goodness! Before I even read this post I said CARLY when I saw the purple!!! Gave me goose bumps, what a sweet sign from your angel!!

Laura said...

Wow...and look at those flowers, a large one for Daddy or as Carly would say Paul, a Mama flower, and 3 smaller ones to represent your ABC children! Very fitting!

I think of you and Paul often, and I know that you don't really 'believe' in God ...but I wanted you to know that I do. And since I do I pray for you both. I pray that you find your way, for strength, and for courage to keep going! I haven't walked in your shoes and I'm not sure anything I just said will matter...but I hope you know it comes from my heart
because I feel in love with your Carly during her cancer years. And then I came to love her family ...I'll continue to pray and think of you!

Laura

Merideth said...

Love the flowers. They are perfect. As always sending you so much love and wishing it could be more. ♥

Merideth

Becca said...

I remember you posting something about unplanned purple flowers last year, too. Soooo amazing!!!! And I would certainly view this as a sign, a sweet reminder of your beautiful girl still keeping an eye in you guys. :-)

Michelle said...

I believe it is a sign. Look how beautiful those flowers are; how could it not be a sign. I also remember you posting about purple flowers in the past too; I have a feeling these purple flowers will continue to bloom each spring.

My name is Sarah said...

I like the flowers. They are from Carly and Brad is watering them. I think.

Saku said...

That is wonderful!