"Grieving the loss of a child is a process, it begins the day your child passes and ends the day the parent joins them."
BJKarrer

Monday, June 29, 2009

Splish Splash.



This is how we spent our Sunday. Carly's favorite place during the summer. The pool. Oh yes. You do see our puppy, Diesel. He too, loves to swim!

Thank goodness Carly is still small enough to fit into the infant/toddler swim rings. Although, this year, she is much more brave and curious about the water. Big difference from previous years.

It's a huge deal around here, when Carly kicks both her left and right feet and uses both her left and right arms. Due to a potentially fatal blood infection during treatment. (more on that when Carly's story continues) Carly's brain was damaged due to swelling. Caused by the blood infection. That infection nearly took her life. Soon after this happened, Carly was left with her left arm/hand hanging like a wet noodle. She has come along way since then. Her left hand/fingers don't always work just the way they should, but compared to a few years ago she does great now. So, you may often hear us reminding her to "use your left hand" or "kick both legs". She tends to forget. Be sure to scroll over pics to view all the stills and the video too! Be sure to click the sound button too. You can also hear her sweet voice...just for a second, but you can hear it nonetheless!

I hadn't realized how much of a wreck I was over the course of the last 6+weeks. I mean, I knew I was worried sick, but holy cow! I kind of crashed and burned on Friday night. I was exhausted. Saturday proved to be much of the same for me. My arms and legs were even tired. If that makes sense??!! By Sunday afternoon, I felt much more at ease with life. Life. Hmmmm, it sure is one heck of a roller coaster ride!

4 comments:

Ria said...

Great kicking Carly!

Lacey said...

thats a great place to spend a Sunday.

Stephanie said...

I am soooo happy that you can relax now! Good news, from your previous post. Looks like you're doing just that from the video. Awesome!

Angie said...

Where did you get the ladybug float? I have seen them all over the blog world, but I don't know where to get one. PS- your daughter is beautiful!!