I followed the menu pretty closely for the most part. Only two days that I needed to change it up a little. One, because Paul didn't feel good last week (still doesn't) and he wanted soup and grilled cheese. The other day was the day of Carly's disaster dental appointment day. I was too riled up to think straight. That night, everyone ate left overs.
Anyway, grocery shopping was a breeze. I was in and out of the store in 1 hour and 15 minutes. I made a list of items that I would need over the course of my two week menu plan. I did, of course have to add other items to the list. Items of necessity, such as snacks, fruit, paper goods, etc... And I only forgot to write one item down on my list the first go 'round. It was brown rice. We eat a lot of that around here!
Here's my menu plan for the next two weeks:
- Tonight - Hot beef sandwiches (beef was left over from last weeks roast) mashed potatoes & green beans-from the garden.
- Tue - Chicken breasts, couscous & veggies.
- Wed - Spare ribs, sweet corn and roasted potatoes-from the garden.
- Thur - Homemade Macaroni & Cheese, burgers on the grill & veggies.
- Fri - Pizza night.
- Sat - no cooking. We have a 50th Anniversary party to go to.
- Sun - Shredded pork sandwiches (left overs from Wed) & salad.
- Mon - Brats on the grill, macaroni salad & sweet corn.
- Tue - Crock pot pork loin, baked potatoes along with veggies.
- Wed - Lasagna, zucchini (from the garden) and garlic bread.
- Thur - Chicken chimmichangas and Spanish rice.
- Fri - Pizza night.
- Sat - Baked beans and hot dogs, fried potatoes, crescent rolls.
- Sun - Scalloped potatoes and ham, green beans and rolls.
3-4 Chicken breasts
1 package frozen broccoli
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/8 C. of mayo
1 T. lemon juice
Shredded cheddar cheese
1 stick of margarine
5 slices of bread (cubed)
Bake chicken and de-bone. Cook broccoli and drain. Chop up chicken and broccoli. Mix mayo, soup & lemon juice together, mix in the chicken and broccoli. Put into a greased casserole dish (2 qt works fine) Then sprinkle with desired amount of cheddar cheese. Melt stick of margarine in a skillet. Toss in cubed bread and toss until covered. (sometimes I add a bit more margarine). Cover the top of the casserole. Bake @350 for 45 minutes. Uncovered.
This is delicious. I serve it with brown rice and dinner rolls.
Sorry, I tried to add a photo but for some reason, blogger isn't allowing it tonight :o(