"Grieving the loss of a child is a process, it begins the day your child passes and ends the day the parent joins them."
BJKarrer

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Results are in...

Better looking numbers for Miss Carly today. Yay!! Her platelets are coming up, slowly, but that's ok. Today they were at 87,000. Last week they were 76,000 and the week before they were 58,000. That's a very good indication that there is no leukemia lurking around. If there were, her platelets wouldn't be going up at all. Oh, and no blasts at all have been present in her blood work for 4 1/2 years.

We will head back to Ann Arbor next week for one last check before the doctor turns us loose for 6 months. They are all confident that this is just Carly being Carly. She does her own thing, at her own pace all the time. Really, this shouldn't surprise any of us. However, that word leukemia will remain in back of my head for many years to come.

So, this afternoon I'm much more at ease. Still praying, but am much more comfortable with all this blood work.

P.S. Still trying to learn the ropes on the whole blogging thing. Have yet to figure out how to add a link, without the entire link showing in my post. Also, I need to figure out how the heck to get rid of the green at the bottom of each post I'd kind of like it to match the rest of my blog. In time. In time!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Great results! Whoo hoo!

Denise said...

I am so happy to hear good results!! I know just how you feel only we are on the opposite side of leukemia. It looks inevitable but hasn't shown up yet and her platelets rose the last lab draw also so I know the feeling of hoping that the next draw is just as good!! Keep up the good work Carly!!

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy to hear the good news. Breath a loooong sigh of relief!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

YAY!!!! GOOD news!!!! Praying those platelets keep coming up! :)

2blessed2stress said...

Sooo nice to read your blog, thanks for joining mine! ;) I realized after hitting your blog that we have something really neat/special/and unique in common! I was ABCmommy for a long time (ok until getting preggers with D and having her 11 months ago!) I can't wait to get to know you better in your blog! ;)

Hugs!
Dawn
Mommy to ABCD and soon to be "E"! :)

Lea White said...

If you type a word or sentence, highlight it and then click on link at the top of your post block, one of those little pictures, put the link in there and then that will not show the whole link in your post.

Lea White
http://whitesinnz.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi. I just found your blog while leaving a comment on Vincent's blog and though I only read a couple of sentences, we went through the low platelets with Sam just weeks ago so I wanted to comment.
I look forward to reading more soon but in the meantime, but I am happy to have found you.

GREAT news about her platelets!