"Grieving the loss of a child is a process, it begins the day your child passes and ends the day the parent joins them."
BJKarrer

Monday, August 17, 2009

My menu plan...

I sat down today and worked out a menu plan for our family for the next two weeks. I'm hoping this will help me out while I'm doing that dreaded grocery shopping. I really don't like to get groceries. Never have. I swear, some times I wander around and around the stupid stores. Yes, I do make lists...however, I always forget to write down several things that we really need. My hopes with this menu plan is to buy up for two weeks at a time. Although I do realize that I will have to buy many other items to fulfill our other meals, snacks and so on. I'm really just hoping this helps me out big time.

Again, I got this idea from Here. Mine is a bit different. Although I love to read her Menu Plan Monday posts each week. I'm not looking to copy her in any way. Just looking to simplify my life a bit more. Thanks to her Menu Plan Monday posts...I'm inspired to try.

Here's my menu plan for the next two weeks:

  • Tonight - Tuna noodle casserole with cheesy topping and peas.
  • Tue - Stuffed green peppers (from the garden) and rice.
  • Wed - Roasted chicken with red potatoes and zucchini (both from the garden).
  • Thur - Burgers on the grill and homemade coleslaw (cabbage from the garden).
  • Fri - Pizza night. Sometimes I make homemade, but usually we order in.
  • Sat - Baked beans and hot dogs with fried potatoes (shredded hash browns)
  • Sun - Chicken and broccoli casserole with rice.(w/left over chicken from Wed)

Next week:

  • Mon - Potato burgers and green beans (from the garden).
  • Tue - Chicken Parmesan with spaghetti and veggies.
  • Wed - Mexican lasagna with black beans and corn cakes.
  • Thur - Roast beef in the crock pot with noodles and veggies.
  • Fri - Pizza night again!
  • Sat - Left over night
  • Sun - Hot beef and gravy over mashed potatoes. (left over beef from Thurs.)

I'll try to share recipes from each week as I go along. I know there are a few some of you will really love. They're simple too. First, I need to get a feel for how exactly this is going to work out. Hopefully, it all goes smoothly. My husband says he feels like he's back in elementary school with a menu hanging in the kitchen! Although, he also says, he looks forward to tomorrows meal!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Kraftfoods.com has a real simple meal planner, and recipes and grocery shopping list! Check it out and see what you think! They also will send you a magazine which I think is online now too, that lists thing for you! Give it a true, and sometimes, they give you alternatives to some simple ingredients! I love it. Hope all is well. YOUR Buddy, Dawn

Heidi said...

Such a great idea! I would love to see some of your recipes! What are Potato burgers - sounds very interesting!

Happy shopping and cooking!

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

I sometimes try to do this but am not overly successful. A lot of the meal planning sites want to make lots of casseroles for week night dinners and my family (hubby especially) does not like casseroles. I like your menu, though. You have a lot of good ideas and things my family would eat. I should think about doing this again. It never lasts, though.

Ria said...

I got hungry reading your menu plan. ;-)
I remember my mom had a menu plan too and she always had it posted on our kitchen door. I should try to do this too.

Heather said...

I so need to do this!You have inspired me.I too HATE the grocery store.Never use to but since Zoey,Mark does the majority.I guess that's fair ... me 21 years,him 2 1/2.Poor guy has a lot more time to put in!By the way,I am jealous of your garden!

Stephanie said...

Ok, can I come over for dinner.Sounds yummy!!! I've tried and failed at this method. I hope it works for you. I may try again. Once the school year starts it would be mighty helpful to have dinners prepared and to know what's for supper. Good Luck.

Jeana said...

I love it...I used to do that and plan on returning when life settles down and I'm actually home around dinner time. Good luck!