"Grieving the loss of a child is a process, it begins the day your child passes and ends the day the parent joins them."
BJKarrer

Friday, September 18, 2009

Dinner Recipes.

Over at Kelly's Korner is Show Us Your Life Dinner Recipes. Head over and check out some of the many yummy recipes. Thought I'd join in today with a couple of our favorites.

Glazed Salmon

8 oz of Salmon fillets
lemon pepper
2 tsp olive oil
1 Tb soy sauce
2 tsp Splenda

Place salmon in well greased baking dish, sprinkle with lemon pepper cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes @350 degrees. Uncover and baste on the sauce and broil till browned.

** I line my pan with the foil and then seal all edges. Makes clean up much easier.
** I double and even have tripled my sauce. I also baste it several times until browned.

5 Hour Stew

2 lbs meat - cut into bite size pieces
2-3 potatoes " "
2-3 carrots " "
2-3 onions " "
2 celery stalks also cut into bite sized pieces (if you have celery)
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp instant tapioca
salt and pepper to taste
1 8oz can of tomato sauce

Place ingredients into 2qt baking dish in above order. Drizzle the tomato sauce over the top. This makes it's own gravy. Bake covered for 5 hours @250 degrees

** I normally make a bit extra of the brown sugar, tapioca and tomato sauce because we like ours with extra sauce/gravy.

5 comments:

Tatum said...

These sound wonderful! It is really cold right now in Oklahoma so I think I might just have to try the stew this weekend!

Heidi said...

Thanks for the recipes! They sound great. I read Kelly's Korner too and am excited to get some new recipes from her site!

Laura said...

This comment isn't about the recipe. Thank you for your recent comments on our new addition Ruth Ella.

I thought I'd stop in to check on your family and blog. As soon as it pulled up I was floored! You don't know me other than through my blog but I have known you and Carly for over 2 years. When Kennedy Garcia became sick with cancer I began to follow her carepage. At this same time I came across Carly's carepage. I have prayed for Miss Carly and your family for a very long time now. Fro each of her test, Paul being out of work, and with each cold Carly has come down with. So, odd as it may seem I feel I know you very well...now I'm excited I can connect with you on a blog!

I hope you have a wonderful week end!! Nice to finally not be a carepage stalker anymore and officially meet you...via the blog :)

SnoWhite said...

that 5 hour stew sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

The 5 Hour Stew sounds like an amazing recipe to try when it becomes colder here. Thanks!