"Grieving the loss of a child is a process, it begins the day your child passes and ends the day the parent joins them."
BJKarrer

Saturday, October 3, 2009

What kind of world are we living in?

I often check out the news online. Whether it's our local news or national news. I just never seem to be able to sit down long enough to actually watch the news at the time that it's broadcast. Plus, Carly pretty much owns the T.V in the house. That's not really true. It's actually dinner time around here when the news is on. But Carly does have dibs on the TV most nights!

CNN's web site is one I frequent. The other night I read an article (here) that really has bothered me. Likely because I have a child with a cognitive disability. I'm sure once you read the article, you will be bothered by this too. Whether or not you have a child with a disability. This is just plain sickening.

I have often worried about people being violent toward Carly. Be it bullying...which I really do worry about now that she is in school. Or the unthinkable violation against her. Knowing that it's happening more often just breaks my heart. What kind of a world are we living in? A very scary one by the looks of it.

Makes me want to put Carly in a bubble and keep safe from all the awful things that are going on in this world today. To me, this is the unthinkable. Violating the disable in any way shape or form. Seriously. What kind of world are we living in?

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Once again it shows how niave our world still is. They find the disabled easy targets because they don't know violence, only love. the way the world should be.

Heidi said...

I can't even bring myself to read the article. I know it will just make me feel sick. Why are some people so awful?

Cheryl said...

Just since I had Ruby last year I have heard of several rapes of young women who have Down syndrome.One I read of was by a bus driver and another by a taxi driver,it's very scarry to me.