"Grieving the loss of a child is a process, it begins the day your child passes and ends the day the parent joins them."
BJKarrer

Monday, February 1, 2010

My Menu Plan.

Kicking off another week of menu planning. Last week Paul worked some crazy hours, causing a bump in my menu planning. That's the reason the potato burgers are on this weeks menu too!
By the time this posts, we will have already eaten our yummy meal for today!

Monday: chicken fried chicken w/country gravy, mashed potatoes, rolls and veggies

Tuesday: potato burgers w/shredded hash browns, veggies and rolls

Wednesday: Spaghetti w/meatballs, broccoli w/cheese sauce, garlic toast

Thursday: Oven baked pork chops, wild grain rice and veggies

Friday: Pizza

Saturday: left overs

Sunday: Chili and corn cake casserole.



Chicken Fried Chicken

Today, I'm sharing my very easy version of Chicken fried chicken. It's so good and so easy. I get my chicken patties from Aldi's. The best, in my opinion. But, you can use whatever you want. You can even make them homemade - I have, but this is quicker. At any rate, they are a breaded boneless chicken breast. I make homemade country gravy. Or you can buy it in a package. This week, mine is coming from a package!!

Take thawed chicken patties and place in skillet with about 2T of oil (I use Olive oil) and cook until crisp on each side. Now, you could bake these if you want. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Mix gravy, or make it yourself..(I don't' follow an actual recipe for the homemade stuff, I mix milk, flour, a bit of margarine and some sort of fat drippings or in this case it would be chicken stock..it's for flavor) . Guess I normally do this step first. Oops! Boil up a pan of potatoes (or you could use instant potatoes. We don't' care for the instant ones tho) Once potatoes are tender, drain and mash. We place our chicken patties and potatoes on our plates and spoon our country gravy over top of each. Every bit as good as Cracker Barrel and much more inexpensive. Plus, it's quick and easy!

6 comments:

Tina said...

Love your menu plans, you really give me some good ideas...keep them coming. Thanks!

Regina said...

I, too, love your menu plans! I have always wanted to plan my weeks menus out. You are getting me motivated to do it!

Anonymous said...

Hey. I don't normally leave comments, but I just wanted to say thanks for the great information. I have a blog too, though
I don't write as good as you do, but if you want to check it out here it is. Thanks again and have a great day!

The Hangover Review

Ria said...

I'm hungry after reading your post. hahaha!! Time for a snack!

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

nice post. I would love to follow you on twitter.