"Grieving the loss of a child is a process, it begins the day your child passes and ends the day the parent joins them."
BJKarrer

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Memorial donations.

For those of you who have sent a check in Carly's memory, to Mott's Ped's Cardiology. The checks will be getting cashed soon. I just spoke with the gal in charge of Carly's memorial. So far, $1,117.00 is in a fund for Carly's Memorial. Which blows us away! Thanks to all of you blogger friends, FB and IRL friends who have been kind enough to send money. It will be put to use when the new Mott's hospital is done. Which is sometime in 2011 (supposedly). We are thinking of where and what we want done with the money. It will either go into the playroom on the cardiac floor of Mott's and or the cardiac clinic. Both of which, Carly LOVED to play in. Another thought, a couple of rocker recliners. I spent many, many, many days and nights in a wooden rocking chair rocking our sweet girl, which eventually does a person's back in! Either way, your contributions have been greatly appreciated by us and by those at Mott's. All the heart children and their parents will enjoy how these generous donations will be put to use. Again, thank you!

If any of you still wish to donate.

Checks can be made out to Mott's Pediatric Cardiology in Memory of Carly George.

Mail to:
Mott's Administration
Attn: Deb Lewis
300 N. Ingalls, NI4C06
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5475

2 comments:

JennyH said...

That is awesome! Also neat you get to pick out how it's used.

Kandi Ann said...

Your amazing. I wish my Mom had 1 % of the caring gene you have with your children. I am 40 (moved out at 12 go figure) and am back home which I dreamed of for years and finally did it. And was told, I am not "that" kind of Mom. I am not going out of my way for your comfort. (sadly true story) Anyways. I Hate that you lost Carly. And that is the reason I found you. I have some info for you. I was driving my cousin to his work and the radio station here Kiss Country 99.9fm was/is doing a Rocking Chairs for our NICU Drive and getting donations from callers and they had me in tears the way the described it all. Allison is a volunteer at this number 954*265%1012 Maybe when its time to use Carlys donations you can get a radio station local to help out too. I am glad I found you, but wish I never had to. Your right. I don't know what to say. It hurts my heart so much that your Carly isn't here and I haven't a clue how to convey that and let you know how sincere I am. My aspergers/autism messes up my words anyways. I hope this all came out ok. xoxo, Kandi Ann