"Grieving the loss of a child is a process, it begins the day your child passes and ends the day the parent joins them."
BJKarrer

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day


This Mother's Day, I have a whole different take on the meaning. 
Honestly, I dread the day.  
Likely, no more than I dread every day.
But, this day...
The day when mother's are happily enjoying their day and their children. 
I yearn for mine. 
Missing ALL, of my kids.
 And wish nothing more than to have all 3 of them here, with me, on this day. 
Instead, I will visit 2 of them at the cemetery.
But, I will be thankful to be able to talk to Ashleigh on the phone.
So happy that she's just a phone call away.

Happy Mother's Day, to all who are able to enjoy their children. Squeeze those kids
just a little tighter today. One never knows what tomorrow may bring.


Happy Mother's Day to all those who grieve the loss of their children.
May we all find some sort of comfort on this day.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I was thinking about you yesterday. Glad you were able to talk to Ashleigh.