"Grieving the loss of a child is a process, it begins the day your child passes and ends the day the parent joins them."
BJKarrer

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Menu Plan.

It's that time again. In more ways than one! Time to plan for another couple of weeks worth of meals for the family. This time is a rough one though. I haven't felt all that great the last couple of days. Not sick, just that time of the month thing going on. With that being said, it's been tough to get my menu planned out. Altho., I did, and here it is.

This weeks menu:

  • Mon - fried egg sandwiches & fruit (yep, I was slacking)
  • Tue - goulash, potatoes & green beans
  • Wed - crock pot roast w/noodles & veggies (didn't have last week)
  • Thu - baked spaghetti, toss salad & garlic bread
  • Fri - PIZZA night
  • Sat - burgers & fries
  • Sun - hot beef sandwiches, mashed taters & gravy w/veggies (left over beef from Wed)

Menu for the week of 10/19:

  • Mon - chicken broccoli casserole & brown rice
  • Tue - homemade potato soup, tossed salad & rolls
  • Wed - tacos, corn cake casserole
  • Thu - meatloaf, homemade mac & cheese & veggies
  • Fri - PIZZA night
  • Sat - left overs
  • Sun - chili

Today, I'm giving you a recipe for the potato soup that I make. I've been making this for several years. We all LOVE it. It's easy and it's very good. Great for a chilly fall day. I got this off of the site All Recipes.com It's actually called Chunky Cheese Soup, but we just call it Potato Soup!

2 C Water
2 C Diced potatoes (peeled)
1/2 C Diced carrots
1/2 C Chopped celery
1/2 C Chopped onions
1 & 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 C Cooked cubed ham
1/4 C Butter
1/4 C Flour
2 C Milk
2 C shredded Cheddar cheese

In a large pan, add water, potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, salt & pepper. Bring them to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer 30 minutes, or until veggies are tender. Add ham to the pot of veggies.

In a medium pan, melt butter. Then stir in the flour until smooth. Slowly pour/stir in the milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in Cheddar cheese. Pour this mixture into the veggie/ham mixture and serve.

I always double and sometimes even triple this recipe. When I do, I use a large stock pan for my veggies and ham. It's really good and super easy to make.
Hope you give it a try. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tina said...

You're fantastic...I've been reading your weekly menus ever since you started posting them and I really think its great. Wish I could be organised the way you are in that department. Tried it a couple of times but don't know what went wrong, just couldn't keep to it. It all sounds yummy, and I better not let my husband read your blog!!!